Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dierks Bently & Jude's First Birthday!

We had such a great week! Here we are at the Rodeo, to see Dierks Bently. Dierks is so special to us. His song, Long Trip Alone, is our song. We heard it two years ago at the rodeo, and we feel in love with it immediately. Of course, he didn't play it, but that's okay. Jeff played it in the car on the way home for me. That's almost as good : )

I don't know why, but I seriously LOVE the rodeo. I mean, really love it. We are going 4 times this year, and I wish we could go more. I am not sure why I love it so much...maybe it's getting to buy a new outfit each year? Getting to wear my bronze Jessica Simpson boots? Cheering for those cowboys? Maybe it's the nachos and the carnival...or the fried bacon? Yes, we tried it this year. It is amazingness. Seriously. Like a candy bar...yyuuummm....
Here are my two favorite parts of the actual Rodeo -
The calf scramble is so fun to watch. It always makes us laugh, and I inadventenly find myself rooting for the girls. Hey - those calfs are big! I love watching the kids come together and help out their classmates at the end, that encompasses the spirit of the Rodeo for me!
What makes Mom and Dad decide to put their 5 or 6 year old child on a "mutton" I think this is some type of sheep, is beyond me. But, I'm pretty sure that here in Houston, there is quite possibly some type of waiting list for this activity. ha! Regardless, Jeff and I usually laugh so hard that we have tears rolling down our cheeks watching the mutton bustin'.
I heart Dierks Bently.
On Saturday, we headed to Austin to celebrate Jude's First Birthday! Jude is the son of my best and oldest friend, Leigh. He is also my Godson! How lucky am I? Just on look at this cute little smile...and he steals your heart!
This was his first sweet. EVER. Leigh is super mom. She makes all his food and only feeds him the best, most natural stuff. He REALLY liked the icing. I'm pretty sure poor Leigh will be finding it for days!


2 comments:

Shana said...

I love the rodeo too!! Going to see Rascal Flats on Wednesday!

michelle ellis said...

Shana, I hope you guys have so much fun! I can't wait to see pics!